Get Involved Mapping LGBT+ Bristol!
Mapping LGBT+ Bristol is a collaborative history project that with your help will put Bristol’s LGBT+ history firmly on the map!
Over the course of the coming year we will be:
- Researching the histories of LGBT+ lives in the City archives
- Recording and editing oral history interviews with LGBT+ residents
- Creating an LGBT+ history map on Bristol City Council’s Know Your Place site.
- Creating a custom app to allow users to explore the map on mobile devices.
- Working with Freedom Youth to co-develop LGBT+ curriculum resources for schools.
We’re looking for volunteers for all aspects of the project from digging through the archives and conducting oral history interviews to helping with publicity and design. All training will be provided – for free!
On the 21st of November we’re holding a launch event at Hamilton House. Come along to meet the team, find out more about the project and how you can get involved
Please get a free ticket on Eventbright so we get an idea of numbers for refreshments.
For more info, email: contact [at] outstoriesbristol [dot] org [dot] uk
Hamilton House is an accessible venue. If you require BSL translation, please contact Nate, n[dot]eisenstadt [at] bristol [dot] ac [dot] uk and it will be arranged.